Update on COVID-19
Monday, 23 March 2020
As per the government announcement last night in regards to additional measures to slow the spread of COVID-19, Adelaide Casino will be closing at 12pm today, Monday 23 March 2020.
- Please note that any Rewards Points that expire from a Premier Rewards member’s account over the period of the forced closure will be credited back to the member’s account within a reasonable time of the casino re-opening.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding.
Friday, 20 March 2020
Following advice from the Commonwealth and South Australian Governments, SkyCity Adelaide wishes to advise that as of Friday 20th March a number of steps have been taken to meet the updated social distancing regulations. They include the following:
- From Monday 6 April, the entire Casino building will be closed to the public between 4am-8am daily, during this period we will undertake additional cleaning
- The building will be divided into a series of smaller zones in which visitation can be limited to under 100 people, including customers and staff
- Visitor numbers will be closely managed throughout all zones, and passes will be allocated
- Oasis Outdoor Bar, Patty Macs restaurant and Poker Zone will be temporarily closed
- Sean’s Kitchen, and new bar and restaurant The Guardsman will remain open with revised hours, see below, and measures taken to distance diners, limit attendee numbers to under 100 and increase cleaning and sanitising processes
- Madame Hanoi is open with the entrance via the North Terrace entry
- Chandelier Bar will remain open 24/7 but for table service only
- Premier Rewards will be located in vestibule, enter from Station Lane
Opening Times By Venue
Takeaway Coffee Only: 7am-2pm
|Takeaway Coffee Only: 7am-2pm||Takeaway Coffee Only: 7am-2pm||Takeaway Coffee Only: 7am-2pm||Takeaway Coffee Only: 7am-2pm||Closed||Closed|
|Barossa Bar + Grill||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
Friday, 13 March 2020
Our customers and our staff are our number one priority and the following is important information regarding COVID-19 that has been implemented:
- Introduction of a number of social distancing measures:
- De activation of every second gaming machine and electronic table game
- Distancing between players at seated table games
- Standing betting at seated table games will be disallowed
- No more than 5 players at standing games such as roulette
- We are limiting promotional draws to reduce the number of customers in one place
- Hand sanitisers have been placed throughout our site and handwashing instructions have been placed in our public bathrooms.
- Team members have been educated on how to prevent transmission of viruses and as per the advice of World Health organisation our focus has been around best practice personnel hygiene.
- We have established an isolation procedure to minimise exposure to others if there is a suspected case
- Our cleaning regime has been increased to reduce the risk of contaminated surfaces
- We have introduced additional personal protective equipment requirements for staff who may come into contact frequently touched surfaces.
- Our Advanced First Aiders have been briefed on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19
Our plan for if a COVID-19 case is suspected:
- If any staff or guests visiting our site report flu-like symptoms, Adelaide Casino has Advance First Aiders who will attend and if necessary isolate unwell persons to assess their symptoms.
- Medical and Health Services will be notified immediately
- We will notify the community once the case has been verified by health professionals
- All relevant areas would be cleaned with anti-viral products
What you can do:
- You can protect yourself and others from getting sick by regularly washing your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds and avoid touching your face
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue and dispose of the tissue in a waste bin.
- If you are suffering from flu-like symptoms, please self-isolate and contact relevant authorities on 1800 020 080
- Ensure you follow the 14 day self-isolation period if you have travelled from overseas
Adelaide Casino is continuing to monitor the advice of the Department of Health and Government and our priority is to ensure all our customers and team members are well informed of the situation and to provide a safe environment to visit.
For further current information on COVID-19 please call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.