Located in the historic Railway Station building on the banks of the River Torrens, SKYCITY Adelaide Casino is South Australia’s premiere casino destination, and the city’s most exciting gaming and entertainment venue.
As a member of the SKYCITY Entertainment Group, our philosophy is to provide our customers with a fun and exciting experience with a variety of entertainment options in a contemporary environment.
The SKYCITY Entertainment Group is based in Auckland, and is one of Australasia's leading gaming and entertainment companies, employing over 3,400 people in New Zealand and Australia. It is publicly listed on both the New Zealand and Australian stock exchanges. Besides Adelaide Casino, the SKYCITY group owns and operates casinos in Auckland, Queenstown and Hamilton.
Adelaide Casino is the city’s 10th largest employer and injects around $30 million into the State each year through the employment of over 1000 staff and by paying approximately $19 million annually in state taxes.
Since its construction in 1985, Adelaide Casino has undergone a number of upgrades to ensure we are the most exciting entertainment venue in Adelaide. Some of the major projects have included:
- 2019 Commencement of refurbishment of the existing casino building to further enhance its heritage beauty
- 2019 Riverbank expansion reaches its highest point, marked with a topping out ceremony
- 2018 Construction on the Riverbank expansion begins
- 2015 Final stages of the interim refurbishment programme with the introduction of Madame Hanoi and Fortuna Buffet.
- 2014 Addition of a new Platinum Gaming room, introduction of the Black room, Sean’s Kitchen, Barossa Room, Barossa external dining, VIP dining & upgrade of main floor toilets on the ground floor.
- 2013 Completion of Baccarat Pavillion and ground floor gaming upgrades.
- 2012 Introduction of Cent City, featuring 185 1c gaming machines
- 2012 Creation of the Backyard Bar, an outdoor bar at the northern end of the building featuring a large outdoor LED screen and overlooking the River Torrens
- 2011 Refurbishment of Grange VIP gaming rooms
- 2011 Refurbishment of Grandstand Bar
- 2010 Creation of the Marble Hall table gaming area complete with a bar with a feature chandelier which has 2029 glass baubles
- 2009 Established the Baccarat room on the ground floor
- 2008 Creation of the Oasis Courtyard
- 2007 Upgrade of the external northern balconies servicing the Pullman Restaurant and other patrons on the first floor
- 2006 Development of the Platinum room for VIP gaming machine players
- 2005 Overhaul of the ground floor to include Loco Bar, North Restaurant and the gaming floor with escalators linking to the first floor
- 2003 Redevelopment of Pullman Restaurant
- 2003 Completion of the Grandstand bar to be the premium destination for sporting events
- 2002 Major refurbishment of the north side of the ground floor including a new baccarat room, updated slots area as well as new internal screens, carpet, wall finishes and internal lighting enhancements
- 1991 Refurbishment of the south side area to create an electronic gaming machine floor